Heiko Selber wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use wget to mirror the contents of a remote directory (containing
> patches for SuSE Linux, if you want to know the details).
>
> It works quite well, but I can't find an option that makes wget remove
> files locally that are no longer on the server.

Yes, this is very annoying.

I found this online:
http://mrmt.net/linux/wget.html
However, I have not tried it.  It is for an older version, and I have no
experience with patches.  However, it seems amazingingly easy.  I do wonder
why it's not implemented...

Even though you kind of solved your problem, hopeful this will help someone
(or a developer will see it and add it).