From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 04 March 2006 03:38
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Another problem with install of WGET 1.10.2 on AIX

   Mr. Adrian:

   Bearing in mind my lack of recent AIX experience, ...

> /bin/sh: msgfmt:  not found.
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 127.

   Beats me.  On my Tru64 UNIX system, I have no "msgfmt" (unless through
some miracle the one in /usr/opt/netscape6/gnome/bin/msgfmt was found), and
I don't see it used in the Makefile.

   My config.log does say these:

[...]
configure:11308: checking for msgfmt
configure:11335: result: msgfmt
configure:11344: checking for xgettext
configure:11371: result: :
configure:11381: checking for gmsgfmt
configure:11412: result: msgfmt
[...]
ac_cv_path_GMSGFMT=msgfmt
ac_cv_path_MSGFMT=msgfmt
[...]
GMSGFMT='msgfmt'
[...]
MSGFMT='msgfmt'
[...]

but I see no evidence that anyone tries to use "msgfmt" for anything.

> [...] is there a configure option I should be using?

   What are you using now?

   And what was the solution to the "cannot run C compiled programs"
problem?

   Steven M. Schweda               (+1) 651-699-9818
   382 South Warwick Street        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Saint Paul  MN  55105-2547