Mauro Tortonesi wrote:
Philip wrote:
I am using WGet under Windows XP to download files for our community
radio station. But these are files whose names are fixed.

Now here's   a problem:

How can I tell WGet to download files whose names change each week.

Specifically:

The files are hosted at http://www.artistlaunch.com/alhourpub/

The filenames are in the format: The_Artistlaunch_Hour_-_02-26-06-1.mp3
<http://www.artistlaunch.com/alhourpub/The_Artistlaunch_Hour_-_02-26-06-1.mp3>

where the date element of the filename (in American date format), and
the segment number,  changes every week.

There are four files to download, and I need to save each of the four to
its proper directory, which is q:\1ZZ music\artistlaunch\artist launch
1st (2nd,3rd,4th).

Here's what I tried in the batch file:

q:\W-Get\bin\wget.exe
-r--output-document=q:\1ZZMUS~1\ArtistLaunch\ARTIST~1\"The_Artistlaunch_Hour_-_??-??-06-1".mp3:http://www.artistlaunch.com/alhourpub/"The_Artistlaunch_Hour_-_??-??-06-1".mp3

It doesn't work.

Any ideas what would work?

All non-violent solutions gratefully received.

hi philip,

unfortunately HTTP does not allow wildcard characters, so you can't use
*, ?, etc., in the HTTP URLs you give to wget.

however, you can easily solve your problem with a simple script that
provides wget with the complete URLs.

Thaks for that, Mauro. I don't know how to do that -I'm betterat programming radio stations than computers!. Can you point me to where I could learn what I need to do and how to do it?

Philip