From: Mauro Tortonesi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 12:09 PM
To: Kommineni, Devendra
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: wget issues on Solaris

Kommineni, Devendra wrote:

> If invoked using the DNS alias for the test cluster, it fails after
> several retries. (we have two servers in the cluster)

that's weird. it seems that the TCP connection is correctly established
but is dropped after the HTTP request is sent. maybe there's something
wrong at the HTTP level. perhaps you could turn on the -S option to
examine HTTP requests and responses?

> The problem does not occur on the linux nodes  ( with wget 1.10.1).

what do you mean? are you saying that the problem arises only with a
specific version of wget (possibly prior to 1.10.1) or with a specific
non-linux platform?

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool
http://www.gnu.org/software/wget
Deep Space 6 - IPv6 for Linux            http://www.deepspace6.net
Ferrara Linux User Group                 http://www.ferrara.linux.it
LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be
privileged.  It is intended for the addressee(s) only.  Access to this E-mail
by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or
copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in
reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful.  If you are not an
addressee, please inform the sender immediately.