Hi

I use wget to download the same file in regular intervals
(price list). And I caught myself renaming files programmatically
(even in several projetcs) after they were downloaded by wget
and named file.1 file.2 etc.

Why I need this: one day I take the downloaded files from downlddir/
and move them into backupdir/. Two days later I move downlddir/*
to backupdir/*  again. They would overwrite those already in
backupdir/ because wget restarted numbering when it found
empty downlddir/ on day 1.

I guess it would relatively easy and quite useful to add an option
to name file.20070426142800 file.20070426142955 ... instead just numbers.

Thank you, wget is excellent tool anyway.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]