[ I am not subscribed, please CC: me on replies]

In wget-1.10.2/src/http.c, we find:

static int
resp_status (const struct response *resp, char **message)
{

/* Note that the translation may contain non-ASCII or even multibyte
characters */
*message = xstrdup (_("No headers, assuming HTTP/0.9"));

}

and then:

statcode = resp_status (resp, &message);
if (!opt.server_response)
  logprintf (LOG_VERBOSE, "%2d %s\n", statcode,
    message ? escnonprint (message) : "");

Note that escnonprint() will corrupt the translation beyond any
recognizable form. This was actually noticed with this command in the
ru_RU.UTF-8 locale:

wget -O live.nsv 'http://85.214.122.157:8020/live.nsv?refid=1'

So please either don't escape the string here, or don't mark it as
translatable above.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov