Jim Ley wrote:
On 7/12/05, Dean Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jim Ley wrote:

On 7/12/05, Dean Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yeah. We are copying the windows common controls.

We can't actually use them (common controls). The date control, for
example, may not be installed. Besides, we don't want to for other
reasons...

That's fine I understand that, so please go for a sensible, but
neutral approach, and don't try to ape the windows controls when you
can't do it, Mozilla don't ape the native controls, Opera don't ape
the native controls.  This is a sensible approach when for other
reasons you can't use the native controls, as indeed you can't if
you're going for the HTC use anywhere approach.

We have to ape the native controls because we are in a Microsoft browser. They will just look wrong otherwise. Or at least "different".

Jim, we've been round the block on use of the <object> element. If you
have anything new to add then let's hear it.

This is nothing to do with the use of the Object element debate, and I
can't understand why you think it is.

Apologies. I thought you were about to suggest using <object> to implement MS custom controls. :-)

-dean