Jim Ley wrote:
For example does my user agent which submits form purely under
programmitic control with no user keyboard action required to fire the
click event or not?  I'd say that was submitting the form implicitly
more so than pressing enter in a text field.

I think the intention of the spec is that a form must always be submitted by a specific button. So if your UI allows you to submit a form e.g. by clapping your hands once, the onclick event is still fired on the default button and the name=value of the button is still submitted.

Olav Junker Kjær