On Apr 3, 2006, at 18:37, Henri Sivonen wrote:

I spent quite a while today verifying (by implementing a more permissive ID datatype library) that James Clark's Jing agrees with my reading of the spec.

In case anyone is interested in playing with it, the datatype library (with source; MIT/expat license) is available from
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/test/permissive-ids.jar

The namespace is
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/datatype/permissive-id

The local names are ID, IDREF and IDREFS.

The jar is deployable by simply putting it in the CLASSPATH, but beware of the -jar switch which ignores the external CLASSPATH.

(Disclaimer: The datatype library is designed for diagnosing how a RELAX NG implementation works. It should not be used without modification in a production system. It prints to System.out and probably has slightly broken equality testing behavior.)

--
Henri Sivonen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]