On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Jon Ferraiolo wrote:

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the update. Given that XF-T has already proven to run on today's browsers, no matter how the W3C ends up reconciling XF-T vs WF2, it seems to me that a MUST requirement is that the result of this XF-T vs WF2 reconciliation should be technology that can be implemented via a small JavaScript library such that it can run on top of today's browsers.

It would also be nice if:

1) There was a highly modular open source implementation of this new (XF-T vs WF2) technology which could be added as a module to the many fine Ajax libraries that exist in the world. 2) There was some attention to make sure that this new (XF-T vs WF2) technology were designed to integrate well with HTML/Ajax IDEs so that developers can create and debug their applications using modern software development approaches, such as WYSIWYG developer tools and integrated debuggers.

Jon

Both sound like excellent suggestions, and I would be interested in exploring them further, preferably in collaboration with people who know much more about Ajax IDEs than I do.

p.s. I think that it isn't a question of XF-T vs WF2, but rather a synthesis of the best of both proposals. I will be exploring this on the public wiki maintained by the W3C Forms working group over the next month or so.

 Dave Raggett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett