On Feb 10, 2007, at 12:05 PM, Jens Brueckmann wrote:

a reference for the user, which is exactly what this element is for. It doesn't matter whether the user looks at it immediately, in 5 minutes, tomorrow, or in the distant future; it's there for when the user needs it.

It comes to my mind that an appropriate name for this element woud be "flag".
Putting a flag somewhere in a document does not emphasise but draws
attention to this part (as in Google or when manually highlighting
some passages or words in document).

To my mind a flag denotes a single point somewhere in the document and does not denote a range. So I associate it with the real-world analogy of a flag placed somewhere in the document. So I am not an advocate of <flag>

This name best describes its usage and avoids confusion with EM and STRONG.

Cheers,

jens
--
Jens Brueckmann