Nicholas Shanks wrote:
To me full screen mode for video would not alter the browser window size, instead it would cover the screen in a new window and draw just the video into that. The browser window would be left untouched below (though the video may no longer be rendering into it).

This doesn't match the behaviour of "full screen" in application (media player, browser, whatever) that I know of...

I would also like to be able to drag the full-screen video to a secondary monitor, switch back to the browser window and keep browsing (perhaps in another tab or read the rest of the page).

So what you really want is "move video to new, chromeless, full-screen window".

The video would keep playing full-screen on the other screen until I closed the originating tab, the video ends, or I stop playback.

Of course, when you say "secondary monitor", your use case has just eliminated 99.9% of people.

Gerv