----- Original Message ----- From: "Sander" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Martin Atkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2007 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: [whatwg] Web forms 2, input type suggestions

Martin Atkins schreef:
Benjamin Joffe wrote:
Have the following possible values for the TYPE attribute been considered for the INPUT element?

type="color"
The user agent would display an appropriate colour picker and would send a hexidecimal string represting that colour to the server.

I like this idea. It's simple and it's something I've implemented (and seen implemented) dozens of times.
I like this one too. It should have an pallet attribute that defines the color pallet. I'm not shure how though, cause on one hand I'd like to be able to choose easily from standard pallets, but on the other hand I'd like the option to create custom pallets. Perhaps pallet="custom" combined with a datalist could be an option here.

There are many possible implementations for different purposes.
Here is one of color selectors we use in HTML:
http://www.terrainformatica.com/sciter/screenshots/color-chooser.png

I think it is not realistic to define all of them in single specification -
too many different use cases. I would define some generic extensible
mechanism for inputs rather than defining particular input type=foo.

As an approach of making reusable HTML components:
Part I: http://www.terrainformatica.com/index.php/?p=18
Part II: http://www.terrainformatica.com/index.php/?p=19
Part III: http://www.terrainformatica.com/index.php/?p=22

Andrew Fedoniouk.