Martin Atkins wrote:
Lachlan Hunt wrote:
http://www.haymespaint.com.au/haymes/colourcentre/
http://www.ficml.org/jemimap/style/color/wheel.html
http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/

These are some rather contrived examples.

How can you possibly call them contrived, when they are real world examples of colour selection applications?

The first is asking users to select real-world (i.e. paint) colours, while
this proposal was for screen colours in RGB format. (At least, that was my understanding based on the reference to six-digit hex encoding.)

I think it indicates a limitation with the proposed solution, and a perfect example of why we need to start with *problems* and *use cases* instead of solutions. We need to devise a solution that fits the use cases, not reject use cases that don't fit the solution.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/