Ian Hickson wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2007, Shannon wrote:
Ok so I found the other list ([EMAIL PROTECTED]). Nokia state their reasons and clearly it was discussed (at Cambridge apparently) but why two lists for one standard?

Historical reasons -- the W3C initially wasn't interested in doing HTML5, so we started in the WHATWG (back in 2004), but earlier this year the W3C decided to also work on HTML5 and adopted the WHATWG spec, and now the two groups work together on the same spec.

I imagine this must generate a lot of cross-posting and confusion. Are there plans to merge the groups? Which group has authority in the event of a dispute or is that unknown?
My spider-senses tell me we're going to end up with 2 HTML5's.

Shannon