Keryx Web wrote:
Now it has been a while since anyone proposed a new element...

But I can't remember if this has been discussed in any detail...

So here it comes!

I suggest that we investigate if an errormsg element could be useful. It should be a sibling element to label and have a similar for-attribute.

A simple use case: It is getting quite common to have the following:

<label for="myfield">Instructions
  <strong class="error"> Must be a valid  value</strong>
</label>
<input id="myfield" etc />

But presentationwise it should be displayed like this:

Instructions  [ (input) ] Must be a valid value

[snip]

What's wrong with:

<label for="myfield">Instructions</label>
<input id="myfield" etc />
<label for="myfield" class="error"> Must be a valid  value</label>

Can an input not have 2 labels?

Robert (Jamie) Munro