Martin Atkins wrote:
If it is true that RDFa can work today with no ill-effect in downlevel user-agents, what's currently blocking its implementation? Concern for validation?

It seems to me that many HTML extensions are implemented first and specified later[1], so perhaps it would be in the interests of RDFa proponents to get some implementations out there and get RDFa adopted, at which point it will hopefully seem a much more useful proposition for inclusion in HTML5.

In the short term the RDFa community can presumably provide a specialized "HTML5 + RDFa" validator for adopters to use until RDFa is incorporated into the core spec and tools.

It would seem that it's much easier to get into the spec when your feature is proven to be useful by real-world adoption.

What he said.

Although I *do* believe that in the end we'll want RDFa-in-HTML5, what's really important right now is *not* RDFa-in-HTML5 but RDFa-in-HTML4. Define that, make it a success, and the rest will be simple.

Best regards, Julian