On 29/09/2009 19:30, Keryx Web wrote:
2009-09-29 19:10, Dean Edwards skrev:

There is a nasty side effect though. As you mentioned the
document.write() should be the last thing in the <head>. If there are
any scripts following the document.write() then they are *not executed*.
I consider this a serious drawback. With server software generating
script elements all over the place there are bound to be problems with
this technique. It would be nice to find a better solution.

I consider this a deal breaker. Fragile and unintuitive hacks, that
really no one knows or can explain why they work, is NOT the kind of
things we should rely on when pushing for HTML5.

I'm starting to think that too. MSIE5-7 accounts for about a third of web users. This admittedly clever hack is just too hackish.

You have two choices to get around the <dd> rendering bug:

1. The potentially dangerous document.write()

2. Inserting weird conditional comments into your code:

    </head>
     <!--[if lt IE 8]><object><!<![endif]-->

I don't like either solution.

-dean