In 6.5.6.2 of the spec I found, that the onload event handler is now available for every HTML element in HTML5, which I think is a great improvement. But there is something on the load event, that I think would be worth some words to clarify.

According to 6.11.2 the load event is fired when the whole document is loaded; I did not find anything about element-specific load events. So I assume that element1.onload is triggered by the same event as element2.onload - the following two bodies would be equivalent:

  dosomethingelse(document.getElementById('bar'))">

Is this assumption correct?

Generally, the list of events that must be supported by all HTML elements looks somehow confusing to me, as there are some events that only apply to special types of elements, such as media players or forms resp. form elements. How are e.g. onpause or oninput supposed to work if applied to span or p elements?