Ian Hickson schrieb:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009, Markus Ernst wrote:
The spec says in 3.2.3: "The following event handler content attributes may be specified on any HTML element" - with my quite trivial understanding, I would actually expect something to happen if I do this. The note "The attributes marked with an asterisk have a different meaning when specified on body elements as those elements expose event handlers of the Window object with the same names" does not correct this expectation, but rather implies, that onload on any element has an effect, as it is supposed to have another effect than when specified in the body element.

I've tried to clarify this by adding a note after the one you mention.

Also, in this events table, the description of the load event is very rudimentary: "Fired when a resource has finished loading". I suggest changing this to something like: "Fired at the Window object when the document has finished loading, or at an element containing a resource, when the resource has finished loading".

Ok.

Thank you. In this table
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/section-index.html#events-0
there is now the error event left with no indication where the event is fired, but only when it is fired.