On 1/17/11 11:41 AM, Jeroen Wijering wrote:
This because browsers download the entire movie once playback starts,
regardless of whether a user pauses the player.

Interesting. Isn't that what Flash does as well? I know that I will often start playing a Flash movie, then pause it and go do something else to give it the chance to completely download so I can watch it without worrying about it running out of buffer...

Note that the download buffer is not the same as the playback buffer.

It's not clear to me that browsers make a distinction between the two at the moment.

-Boris