On 2011-06-16 00:00, Ian Hickson wrote:
On Wed, 30 Mar 2011, Lachlan Hunt wrote:

The spec states for submission of datetime controls that the value must
be expressed in the UTC time-zone.  It's not clear whether this requires
the formatted string to state the timezone as an uppercase "Z" or
"+00:00", or whether either is acceptable.

Most of the examples illustrate the use of the "Z"

I couldn't find any examples of the output of this; did I miss some?

I was referring to examples of datetimes in general, such as where the spec defines date and time format, not specifically to example form submission output.

Opera has always submitted the value with a "Z" and not +00:00, and we
would prefer not to change this for backwards compatibility and ease of
parsing on the server side.  The spec should define in the value
sanitization algorithm for the date and time time state, to express the
UTC time-zone using a "Z".

Done.

Thanks.

--