Þann fim 18.ágú 2011 21:05, skrifaði Alfonso Martínez de Lizarrondo:
Now if someone had some bright idea to enable finding in the hidden text
that would be perfect, but the view source workaround is good enough for the
moment.

That seems to be of general utility. I recommend sending feature request to implementors.

That's just CSS and I'm not sure if it should be present in this spec, but
on the other side it's clear that besides the .execCommand a good Editing
spec should state or hint about other features that the browsers must
implement to behave properly (like showing the caret so the user knows where
he's typing,  enable the user to select parts of the content,...). These
might look trivial, but iOS5 seems to be the first mobile browser that will
behave good enough so that both CKEditor and TinyMCE will enable the support
for it (check the comments in
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=8253 about the Android
browser)
As long as overspecification is avoided (care must be taken to allow e.g. caret(s) to be hidden when another top-level window is focused, etc).

A browser that provides a perfect implementation of all the execCommands but
doesn't allow the user to type or select is worthless for editing.
Then requiring implementations to allow users to select and replace any substring consisting of a sequence of whole characters (i.e. characters represented by a single glyph) and insert text of their own at any character boundaries seems reasonable. I don't see why mandating carets is needed. Should users not be allowed to edit editable content using structural and/or aural editors?