On 5/04/12 2:53 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
On Thu, 5 Apr 2012, Sean Hogan wrote:
So the ::backdrop could be styled to not cover the whole page?
Could it default to a "top" layer, but optionally be given a z-index?
The ::backdrop specifically would just be immediately below its element in
the "top layer" stack, at least as proposed. Could you elaborate on what
your use case is for moving it to other layers? (Ideally with examples of
dialogs that do this in the wild -- see the wiki page on which we designed
the<dialog>  feature -- http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Dialogs -- for the
examples that have primarily driven the design so far.)