On 5/04/12 3:31 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM, Anne van Kesteren<ann...@opera.com>  wrote:
On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 01:14:43 +0200, Ian Hickson<i...@hixie.ch>  wrote:
If this works, then I'll use this for<dialog>.
How does this work for nested browsing contexts? Currently using<iframe
allowfullscreen>  (not in HTML yet) you can fullscreen elements embedded via
an<iframe>. Would we then have to push the<iframe>  element on the stack
and make its height and width cover the viewport, and then push the element
in question inside the<iframe>  on the stack, or do we want to deal with
this in another way?
The thinking so far is that we don't do anything special for dialogs.
They don't escape their<iframe>, and the<iframe>  doesn't have any
special response to a dialog spawning within it, unlike for
fullscreen.

Which pseudo-classes are we keeping? :fullscreen still seems useful,
:fullscreen-ancestor probably not. What are the new default styles going to
be?
In the www-style thread I gave a proposal for the new styling. I'll
reproduce it here:

:fullscreen {
  position: fixed;
  top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; bottom: 0;
}

:fullscreen::backdrop {
  position: fixed;
  top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; bottom: 0;
  background: black;
}

dialog[modal] {
  position: center;
}

dialog[modal]::backdrop {
  position: fixed;
  top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; bottom: 0;
}

So the ::backdrop could be styled to not cover the whole page?
Could it default to a "top" layer, but optionally be given a z-index?

Sean