Le 29/04/2013 00:14, Robert O'Callahan a écrit :
We don't want to require people to do everything in Caja just to support composition of independent scripts.
There are certainly more lightweight solutions than Caja to achieve the same thing.

AFAICT we generally try to design Web APIs to support composition of independent scripts whenever that is easy to do.
If your scripts are that independent, how do you know if one forgets to call document.stopDelayingLoadEvent()? This is a footgun. This is also additional surface for web browsers to mess up which they already have enough to deal with. Give one way to signal that the application is ready. Devs will figure out the rest. One way to signal that the application is ready will serve at least 80% (maybe 90%) of the needs anyway.

In this context, trying to support composition of independent scripts is most likely over-engineering. Will ads care to call document.delayLoadEvent()? Will social widgets do that? Where is the concrete need for independent script composition? Are the rare use cases really worth the additional complexity?

David