On 2014-11-13 18:19, Nils Dagsson Moskopp wrote:
AFAIK, all of these interface details lie outside the scope of the HTML specification (and rightly so, IMHO). If you need a standard symbol for bookmarks I suggest to use U+1F516 BOOKMARK, which looks like this „🔖“.

Then don't spec it but advise or suggest it. Even the bookmark example at https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/semantics.html#link-type-bookmark says "A user agent could determine which permalink applies to which part of the spec" thereby acting as a advisory hint/best practice suggestion (note the use of "could").

I also tested the example code (with doctype html obviously) and the browser behaviouir is still the same, rel="bookmark" is simply ignored. In that case shouldn't rel="bookmark" be removed from the WHATWG HTML spec to reflect actual use?

--
Roger "Rescator" Hågensen.
Freelancer - http://www.EmSai.net/