On 30.06.15 03:18, Garrett Smith wrote:
On 6/29/15, Barry Smith <bearzt...@live.com> wrote:
From: "Garrett Smith" <dhtmlkitc...@gmail.com>
  Hey Garrett,

My apologizes for not replying until now.  When I posted my reply to the
"Site-Wide Heading Element" thread,  you were right and I should have posted

a more complete example.  Here is what I should have given as an example:

<header id="banner">
     <script src="scripts/header.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
     <noscript>
     </noscript>
</header>

Using the <div> element for purely stylistic purposes.  Placing them within

the <noscript> element displays the exact same header as is in the embedded

<script> element, but without the additional animation used in the
javascript file.

I would use an H1 with text-transform: capitalize and avoid using divs
and javascript.

I agree with avoiding JavaScript. I am not sure about text-transform, because I don't know which styling the author had in mind. He may want to color every word’s first letter differently.

I would not use <h1> because “My Website” is neither a heading for the content of the page (unless maybe on the front page or a sitemap) nor for a section of the page. It could be intended as a title for the whole website, i.e. all its pages together, or as some kind of logo or branding. I don’t think we have a dedicated element for either of these interpretations.

Let’s assume we would introduce a new element with the meaning “title for the entirety of pages of a website”. How would this be interpreted, if such an element is used with different content on different pages of the same website? I think such an element would cause inconsistencies all the time. It isn’t a good idea.

Let’s assume we would introduce a new element with the meaning “logo, branding”. What would its benefits be compared to <div>? And would authors still want to use it if add-blockers get a little more aggressive and offer the option to block logos?

Martin