On 11/5/06, Korbinian Bachl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I vote (if im allowed) not to allow nested forms at all as they are not HTML
compliant.

I *love* a pissing contest :-) I did some research on nesting forms
(which is quite interesting though, seaside has had similar
discussions), and discovered that in XHTML, nesting forms is valid
[1]. The following document validates perfectly:

       "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
<head>
   <title>Title</title>
</head>
   <form action="http://example.org"; method="post">
           <form action="http://example.org"; method="post">
           </form>
   </form>

Now this doesn't imply that nesting HTML form /tags/ is a good idea,
supported by browsers or something we should try to do. Nesting form
/components/ is another matter, and another email message.

Martijn

[1]
http://listserver.dreamhost.com/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2005-October/004807.html

--