I guess this should work ok, so this way pages written previously wont be
harmed, and we have support for programmatically setting the direction.
Eelco, wouldn't you consider adding the method to Component instead of
WebPage ?

This would be the minimal thing to make a RTL language look ok.
Japanese for instance is a LTR language (like English and German are).

Eelco