but wouldn't that be a different implementation of sessionstore?
i thought this would be a concrete class.

the thing about "cache" is that it's the opposite of what this is.  a cache
normally
holds a faster often temporary copy of something.  in this case, the thing
that's in
memory and in the session is the cached page.  the session store here is
actually
slower storage which actually reduces speed in order to increase resource
availability (memory and session space).  in some sense, it's exactly the
opposite of a cache.  it's more like an OS paging file.  maybe something
more like
PagePersistingSessionStore?