Our current Wicket release distribution consists of several zip files,
one for each project. Each zip contains all the dependencies for that
particular project, including the wicket dependencies. This means that
when you download wicket-1.2.4.zip, wicket-spring-1.2.4.zip and
wicket-spring-annot-1.2.4.zip, you will download wicket-1.2.4.jar 3
times, wicket-spring-1.2.4 2 times and wicket-spring-annot-1.2.4.jar 1
time.

Also, each release contains the generated website. Now the only two
websites that are actually worth something are:
- the main wicket distribution, as it contains the examples.
- the wicket-quickstart distribution, as it contains the guides for the 3 ide's

Recently, Eelco asked the question, what will improve our release
process? Part of the improvement could come from streamlining the
contents of our zips.

Some options I see (I'm not +1, just stating them):
- split zips into source and binary distributions, going with the
default maven assemblies
- remove site docs from distributions, only include a readme, the
docs can be found online (http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKETxSITE)
- create one wicket-all zip with all wicket jars
- add source-jar/javadoc-jar to the zips (currently left out)

Questions:
- do we need to support ant builds for the source distribution?
- do we need to supply all dependencies in the source and/or binary
distribution
- do we like our current distributions, so no change is necessary?

WDYT?

Martijn

--
Vote for Wicket at the http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/vote_for/wicket
Wicket 1.2.4 is as easy as 1-2-4. Download Wicket now!