Thats fine.
Already thought about it where we let the Objects class look at a setting
where
you can choose what every you want.
But i don't think that is really a choice many people will use. But if they
can come up with a better way for serialization and deserialization thats
fine with me

I just want to make sure we have a fallback for people to use in case
we have some unforseen bug in our mechanism or their security
environment doesn't allow for some of the things we do or they have
some other reason to prefer another (i.e. Java's default)
serialization mechanism.

We just have to make sure that those 2 methods are called always when we do
the clone or save...
For example the sizeOf methods should also be altered!

I wouldn't have a problem with sizeOf depending on it more directly if
there isn't a practical way around it (though I'm sure there is);
that's merely a utility whereas serialization for versions is a
central piece of the framework.

Eelco