It will work when I'll be done with subtype-based matching. But using
marker interface is somehow ugly (even so it is probably the best fit
for the Terracotta support).

Somewhat ugly but as we were already using a marker interface
(Serializable) it doesn't really change much. Introducing a new
interface would only scope implementors to be something Wicket
specific, which is what we want here.

  Java5 annotations could be a nicer option for such purpose, but then
Terracotta don't support matching on annotations yet. Though it would be
a good addition too.

You would go from a marker interface to a marker annotation; I don't
really see much advantage to that. :) Also, Wicket 1.3 is for JDK 1.4
and up, so we can't use annotations for that (and we don't want to
introduce code weaver like constructions either).

Eelco