Jonas Bonér wrote:
It's not super important, but would the marker interface be a wicket type or a terracotta type? I could imagine it could be either actually, just wondering which one you had in mind.

Clusterable extends Serializable? Why the coupling?

Finally, (and please excuse my ignorance of annotations), is it feasible to introduce an annotation without adding any compile time dependencies?
Using regular annotations no.
Using backport175 yes :-)
Hmm. I thought that backport175 still require to have regular interface classes, so you can create dynamic proxy for accessing the annotation data.

 regards,
 Eugene