im not getting the warm and fuzzy about this. i want to, but im not.

take our base query which has the similar success and failure points as my
example. in order to facilitate those you still need the generic
ajaxcalldecorator design because those placeholders are "inherited" across
all layers, and JavaScript doesnt support this.

further what you have done is design a hierarchy where each layer builds on
the previous. but that means each layer has to know the previous layers'
class so it can override the proper places. this is not true in our ajax
support. we need to be able to decorate things generically.

like what you have done today - add a parameter to the back of the url.
well, maybe someone after you wants to do the same. and maybe someone after
that as well. so it somehow needs to be generic, and i think something like

charsequence buildurl() {
  return super.buildurl()+"&myparam=foo";
}

is the only way to do that unfortunately. i dont see how JavaScript will
make that easier.

maybe im just entirely missing the point.

-igor