This is a vote to release our first official incubator release into
the wild. The intent is to release Apache Wicket 1.3.0 beta1 to the
general Wicket community. Most API breaks are in, and we expect no
major changes in the final stages of this release.

With any release done inside the Apache Foundation, we should be very
diligent and ensure the release is 'up to standards'. However, since
this release is done under the umbrella of the Incubator and thrown
out into the wild, it will be under considerable scrutiny. I therefore
kindly request that you take extra time and check this release for any
unresolved legal issues, quality and/or documentation issues. See [1]
for the checklist as the Incubator PMC expects.

I know this is not a space shuttle launch, but we will be investigated
vigorously. A positive vote from the IPMC will bring us so much closer
to graduation! Also, please check with the comments on our first
release attempt to see if anything is missing.

The goodies:
----------------
The distribution:
http://people.apache.org/~dashorst/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-incubating-beta1/dist

The maven 2 repository:
http://people.apache.org/~dashorst/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-incubating-beta1/m2-repo/

The subversion tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wicket/releases/wicket-1.3.0-incubating-beta1/

The key used to sign this release:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wicket/common/KEYS

The vote:
[ ] Yes, ask the IPMC to ratify the 1.3.0-incubating-beta1 release
[ ] No, don't ask the IPMC

This vote will run for 72 hours and is by majority (PPMC members have
binding votes, everybody is free to vote). It requires at least three
binding +1 votes to pass. [2]

Martijn

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

--
Learn Wicket at ApacheCon Europe: http://apachecon.com
Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!