well, thats exactly it - very little is required to do this, just an svn
move. we should establish procedures/guidelines for what it takes to move
from tier 2 to tier 1 and viceversa, and where new projects start out.

-igor

> i think what we should do is create a two-tier system where projects
that
> are alive are directly in trunk, while other projects are in a
subdirectory
> of trunk. projects can move between these two tiers as needed.

It would be interesting to see someone actively maintaining that. So
far it's even been too much trouble doing simple API fixes by people
who did API breaking changes, so tbh, I don't expect this to take off.
But if there is at least some communication before doing moves with
the project's committers, it's all fine.

Eelco