so why is it onadded() here and bind() in ibehavior?

-igor

I guess sitting back is not my strongest point :)

I just committed a variant of Al's idea:

/**
* Optional interface for validators ([EMAIL PROTECTED] IValidator} and
* [EMAIL PROTECTED] IFormValidator}) that can react to validators being added
to a
* component.
* <p>
* Implementation note: currently we keep this case simple stupid
non-generic.
* In future versions we may revisit this and support removal events (WHEN
* removal of validators is ever allowed, which justifies it's own
discussion).
* Also, we may look at whether this is a common event to support for
behaviors
* as well. This raises additional questions that need to be answered,
hence
* we'll start by supporting just the use case when validators are added to
* forms or form components.
* </p>
*/
public interface IValidatorAddListener extends IClusterable
{
        /**
         * Called right after a validator was added to a [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Form} or
         * [EMAIL PROTECTED] FormComponent}. A common use case for implementing
this
interface
         * is for validators to add behaviors to implement client side
validation
         * capabilities, e.g. through JavaScript, Ajax or just by adding a
simple
         * attribute modifier that sets a maxlength attribute.
         *
         * @param component
         *            component to which the validator was just added.
         */
        void onAdded(Component component);
}

for which you can have an implementation like:

        private static class MaxLengthValidator extends
StringValidator.MaximumLengthValidator
                        implements
                                IValidatorAddListener
        {
                public MaxLengthValidator(int maximum)
                {
                        super(maximum);
                }

                public void onAdded(Component component)
                {
                        if (component instanceof AbstractTextComponent)
                        {
                                component.add(new
SimpleAttributeModifier("maxlength",
String.valueOf(getMaximum())));