Sorry, but I don't agree. I think it's YAGNI. Metadata is a bit uglier
to read (at least the code to access it), it's harder to trace in the
debugger and just less obvious. I actually don't think it would be
that out of place to put the (immutable instance of) request
parameters as parsed in the first step of request cycle processing in
the request.

Eelco

On 6/4/07, Martijn Dashorst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > i am getting a bit tired of all those threadlocals that have to be
> > cleaned... I already discussed this with matej and i thing we should
> > give the RequestCycle metadata... then we can store any thing we want
> > and it is auto cleanup
>
> Agreed. RequestCycle currently doesn't have metadata though. What's
> the advantage of using meta data there instead of a normal property? I
> think none...

I think the advantage of metadata is to have less tight coupling of
other parts to the request cycle. We are going to use the request
cycle as a Bag of stuff, which is needed during RC processing, but
don't have a direct relationship to the RC, other than that it is part
of the RC.

Having a metadata facility in the RC will facilitate this, and not
make the RC 'bloated'.

Just thinking out loud.

Martijn

Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!
http://wicketframework.org