Eelco Hillenius wrote:
Gili wrote:

ExternalLinks are HTML links embedded within a Page whereas RedirectPage is a standalone Page that is executed on the client-end and redirects them to a page.

Yes. But the point here is, that you can use the RedirectPage to direct the browser to an external location from the server side (e.g. in an onSubmitHandler, or a tree selection) as opposed to just having a static link.

        Hmm, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks!

Personally I find RedirectPage rather useless in its current form. I think we're better off having it a Wiki entry as opposed to shipping it as part of core.

If find that funny, as I specifically built in an extra parameter you prosposed to cater your wishes...

I know, but in the end it wasn't was I was looking for. If you recall, at the time I was looking for a component you'd embed into a *preexisting* page that would conditionally redirect to another page with a timeout. So, for example, I had a form that asked for your email address. Once you'd fill it in and hit "submit" it would redirect back to itself with the form feedback now showing "email successfully subscribed", then five seconds later, it would redirect you to another page.

RedirectPage in its current form is a standalone page, not a component you drop into a Page. I hope this clarifies my previous statements.

Gili