FYI,

We plan on releasing maintenance release 1.0.1, AND 1.1 beta 1 (or some simular name) this weekend.

We changed our mind about 1.1 a bit, and now want to make shorter release cycles so everyone can start working with some of the new features of 1.1:

* Native javascript/ css support (finally you can use DatePicker, and create your own beautified components); * Markup inheritance (Phil wrote about that two days ago: http://jroller.com/page/pKulak/20050712)

These are the most important new features, which we think are important enough to put in a release now.

Furthermore there have been two refactorings which unfortunately may break some of your code:

* Form. The form handling is better seperated now, giving you better extension options. Also, Button now has a 'direct' property which lets you by-pass validation and updating of its nested components (you can do that manually now though). IFormValidationStrategy is now history. * The choice components. Customizing how choices are rendered is now greatly simplified. We got too many questions on its uses from the list; a clear indicator it was too complex to use. IChoice and some corresponding methods are gone now, and IChoiceRenderer is the current interface now.

We plan on (further) working on AJAX integration and Portal integration next, which will probably be version 1.2, and have do decide yet what more features we'll put in that release. Be warned, AJAX and Portal (JSR 168) integration /will/ effect our API and is likely to cause breaks (though a lot should actually be internal, but changes could be drastic). That's another reason for putting out 1.1 now; there's not much damage done still ;)

Regards,