Matej,

On 7/27/05, Matej Knopp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, I'm using 1.1 and I just tried markup inheritance. It works almost
> ok, but there's one strange thing. The generated page source code starts
> with <wicket:extend>. It's even before doctype, and that's bad.

I'd call it wicket standard behaviour. Tags are not automatically
moved within or removed from markup. And when you think about the
order the markup is read in case of markup inheritance, than it is
correct that it is even before the doctype. But ... see below

> It's
> there no matter if setStripWicketTags is on or off. Is this correct
> behavior?

thiis is a bug. setStripWicketTags(true) should remove <wicket:extend>
from the output (and make doctype the first statement in your output).

Juergen