On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:20:06 -0700, Igor Vaynberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Christian Essl

Equals() wont work because that wont be able to handle two of the same
object in the iterator.
Good point. You mean in your case of primaryKey an Exception is always thrown, because of the component-id check in the container and in my case not. Good catch this is a bug - thanks. The bug could either be solved by also throwing an Exception or by doing what I think the user rather expects, namely showing all Objects in the iterator (wheter double contained or not) and than making sure that on the next turn the DataItems which share an equal IModel are always removed and potentially recreated. I acutally think the second solution can be implemented with very little performance loss.

I think the solution would be pretty simple: if you
want optimized item removal you need to provide the primarykey - maybe we
can add some stuff to primarykey() params to make it easier.

I am not so keen on optimized item removal. I was more against a mandatory primaryKey() mehtod. Than I got tracked into showing that it is not needed.

I know you are short on time so thanks for the rather long discussion,
Christian

___________________________________________________________ Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 1GB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de