Ok, so I got the nestable DataView ready. So now you can nest one DataView inside another in order to create rows, columns, etc and when populateItem() is called on any of the views in the hierarchy they share the same state for index (as opposed to using ColumnedDataProvider where the underlying DataView would only see one column at a time). Phil, this is somewhat similar to the proposal you made in the last email regarding a ColumnDataView nested inside a DataView.

Anyway, what do you think of this idea? If you like it I could try merging it with DataView, otherwise I could create a whole new component with some other name. I don't think extending DataView is much of a possibility because currently I extend a lot of its methods and they're all private final. Igor, I assume you took a look at the code, what do you think?

Gili
--
http://www.desktopbeautifier.com/