Eelco Hillenius wrote:
Martijn is working on an app that has similar requirements. Maybe
he'll want to comment on this too.

What I do for an app I'm working on now, is to use ajax components for
the fields that allways need to be current.

I am absolutely new to wicket, but can't you just pass on the page instance? This should keep the state, if I am not entirely misunderstanding.

Assuming we have page A, the master form page, and page B, which will be used for some inputs on page A.

class A extends WebPage implements BDataReceiver {

        ... button handler .... {
                getRequestCycle().setResponsePage(new B(A.this));
        }

        public void setBData(Object o) {

class B extends WebPage {

        private BDataReceiver from

        public B(BDataReceiver from) {
                this.from = from;
        }

        ... button handler .... {
                from.setBData(...);
                getRequestCycle().setResponsePage(from);

Timo