>> There are two problems with creating a spring web page factory:
>> 1) ... so you need a mechanism that reinjects the dependencies
>> whenever a page is activated - or whenever a page references
>> another page
>
>All Wicket needs to do is provide an extension point. I'm sure it is
>already in there actually.

This is exactly the extension point I'm locking for. Unfortunately I haven't
found it in yet - I'm always running into finals :(.

I'd really prefer to inject dependencies directly into pages, instead of having
them to be dependent on a specific application to pull them in. I don't think
that this is very Spring-like.
And what if I want to use a page in two different applications?

>> 2) to use the page factory your pages can only have the default or
>> PageParameter constructors. This prevents you from doing things like
>> setResponsePage(new EditUserPage(userId));

That is the price to pay for IoC: you have to let the factory create the beans.
BTW I don't think setResponsePage(new ...Page()) is so much useful afterall,
since AFAIK it prevents bookmarkable links.

Sven