in 1.2 we will have support for partial rendering
So then you don't need it to wrap around a page.

On 11/6/05, Janne Hietamäki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm doing some AJAX-stuff, and because there is not yet real support of
rendering single components (and having a URL for a Component) I'm doing
all this stuff with a AjaxWrapperPage like

public class AjaxWrapperPage extends WebPage {

    public AjaxFieldResult(Component component) {
       add(component);

and markup which only results the component..

My implementation is a little more complex, so I don't have to care
about the component naming and other stuff, anyway..

I have a interface like IAjaxListener which extends IRequestListener:

public interface IAjaxRequestListener extends IRequestListener {

    void onAjaxRequest();

}

And I use all this stuff with:

protected void onAjaxRequest(){
     RequestCycle.get().setResponsePage(new
AjaxWrapperPage(component));
}

Everything works fine, but I have a problem with PageMaps.. Since I
can't set the PageMap when creating a Page, these AjaxWrapperPages go to
default PageMap, and cause expired pages. And I wouldn't really want to
add these pages to any pagemap at all, since I know they will be
rendered only once, ever.

This whole thing is not really too slick and clean, but it allows me to
do nice AJAX-stuff with wicket.

Something like this would solve my problems on Page.java

      private final void init()
        {
                // All Pages are born dirty so they get clustered right away
                setDirty(true);

                // set the pagemap
                setPageMap(getDefaultPageMap());

                setId(getPageMap().getNextId());

                // Set versioning of page based on default

setVersioned(Application.get().getSettings().getVersionPagesByDefault());
        }

    protected String getDefaultPageMap(){
                return getRequestCycle() != null ?
getRequestCycle().getRequest().getParameter("pagemap") : null;
    }

This would allow me to force my WrapperPages to go to another PageMap..

Any ideas?

--
Janne Hietamäki
Cemron Ltd