I think there should be both of your implementations.

IMO the constructor based impl should have the protected doInject method, because to me it seems to be the easiest way to inject manually services in the constructor without the need to manually proxy them.

Yes with cglib we'll hit the final problem. I think - don't know - we'll need also a default constructor. Anyway spring runs into the same problem if it uses ie transaction proxies because spring does also use cglib for non interface based AOP. Maybe use spring AOP directly, which is well tested and performend.

To me it would be fine to only use interfaces, because in the end those things are services I want to replace for mocking, remoting or whatsoever. So interfaces are a good (recomended) practice.

By the way we could also create an EJBInjection annotation.

Christian