I do not know wheter read/writeObject is called on objects referenced from session attributes ("full serialization closure"). However the spec does not speak about writeReplace() and readResolve() so 'legaly' you should be on the right side if you rely on these.

Enclosed is some code which I guess does what is described on the cglib howto page. I have not tested the code yet. I'll try to do so until tomorrow.

Anyway is it so important to inject objects without interfaces?

Christian